Dawn Whittaker is originally from England and currently lives in Langley BC with her three children, husband, and family dogs Willow & Diesel.
As a former nanny, night nanny, and trouble shooting-nanny spanning from the UK, to the USA to Australia, Dawn has a wide range of experience in all child-rearing related issues. Her experience as both a childcare provider and as a parent has provided her with a bird’s eye view of the difference from working with other people’s children to her own.
Since 2006 she has had the opportunity to work with thousands of families one-on-one, and supported many local and international celebrities & personalities, NHL players, NFL players & MLS players on their parenting journeys. She has contributed to many magazines, and has appeared several times as a Guest on Vancouver’s BT (Breakfast Television) program, Global News, and on radio: C-Fax 1070, Amy Bronee’s Real Parenting Show.
She is also the founder of Cheekychops: A confident Parenting Community.
Media 2007 – Present
- Building parenting Confidence – I like her style August 2017
- Interview in Todays Parent on Sleep training – March 2016
- Dawn’s article 10 most common pitfalls of Sleep training– Chatter box – March 2016
- Interview Time change – CBC March 2015
- Dawnn’s Interview on white noise with Randene Neill – Global TV March 2014
- Dawnn’s Interview with Kristi Gordan – Global TV March 2014
- Dawnn’s Interview regarding a new sleep medication CBC Radio – April 2013
- Make positive changes to your family’s sleeping behaviours – Winnipeg Parent June 2012
- Dawn’s interview – Finally the babies asleep – She knows June 2012
- to Teens Sleeping Patterns – CTV, Winnipeg, May 2012
- Taking baby steps toward a better sleep – Langley Times, February 2012.
- How to camp with baby – The Globe and Mail, June 2011.
- Sleepless in BC– Dawns interview Global BC – Jan 2011.
- The family sleep solution – Renters News, August 2010.
- The Move to Freedom –Transition from a Crib to Bed (PDF) – Mompreneur, Oct 2007.
- Sleep Training Tips – Ezine Articles. Read the article.
- Baby and Toddler Bedtimes Battles – Ezine Articles.
- Sleep Nanny 911 (PDF) – Press Release, August 2007.
- Sleep Tips for your Summer Holiday – Island Child Magazine, Summer 2008.
- Dawn’s interview on CITY TV – Sleep training tips Sept 2007
- Sleep, perchance to rest – Surrey Now, August 7th 2007.
- Like meeting an Angel – Langley Times, August 2007. Read the article.
- All Ezine articles– 2007